Is your dog left alone all day? Are you coming home to destructive behavior?
Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital offers a Day-Play program to provide your pet the exercise, mental stimulation, and socialization your pet needs, to be a well-rounded family member.
Benefits to Day Play
- Relieves boredom, separation anxiety and destructive behavior at home.
- Provides regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight
- Promotes a well-balanced quality of life, both physically and emotionally.
Can your Pet Participate in Day Play?
Not all dogs are a good fit for group play.
- A complimentary temperament test will be performed to determine if they can play well with other dogs in groups.
- Although it seems like all-day playtime would be great, overly stimulated/tired dogs are less tolerable with other dogs.
- Our staff at KMAH is certified in both Dog Body Language and Group Play, and are all well trained to notice any anxiety before it escalates into an aggressive situation.
Day Play vs. Dog Parks
Going to a dog park is like letting your human kids play in a bouncy house or ball pit with strangers. They’re not necessarily clean and pose a variety of health and safety hazards. The idea of introducing your pet to a group of dogs without knowledge of their backgrounds can be a risky situation at best. The Pet Resort at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital has made Day Play safe and enjoyable for your pets.
- Each dog is individually evaluated on temperament and play style prior to entering our Day-Play Program.
- Sanitary environment, pressure washed and treated daily.
- Periodic breaks are given to keep arousal levels low and play safer. Tired or overstimulated dogs are less tolerant of other dogs.
- Our staff is certified in Dog Language and Group Play. We are trained to spot signs of anxiety or agitation before it escalates into an altercation.
- All Day-Play participants are current on vaccines, including two strains of canine flu.
- Play groups are kept small and our techs use gentle, science-based methods to promote positive behavior and change negative behavior through training.
A Bit About Our Play Yards
- Our indoor and outdoor play areas have top-of-the-line artificial pet grass which features a ProFlow backing that allows instantaneous fluid transfer-flow with little to zero resistance.
- Our underground drainage system works in conjunction with the ProFlow backing to maintain clean, sanitary and odor-free play areas.
- Pressure-washing and daily sterilization are performed to keep our play areas more disease-free than typical grass or non-porous surfaces.
KMAH guarantees a clean play experience, whether indoors or outdoors.
Day-Play Program Requirements
1. Must pass a temperament test
2. Pets are spayed or neutered by six months of age.
3. Must be current on the following vaccines:
Distemper (DAPP, DHPP)
Canine Influenza both N2 & N8 strains
Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital Day Play vs. Dog Parks; A Cleaner, Safer Alternative!
“I cannot speak highly enough about every single person at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital. They truly embody their mission statement “Where we treat you like family and your pets as our own.”
“The attention and service provided to my two dogs by the vet technician (Ms. Wilder) and the Vet (Dr. McDonald) were impressive. They really put my two dogs first and made me feel they care about the health of my pets.”
“We just put our three-year-old through training at day camp at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital. Cheyenne and Will are great and Serena’s improved so much that we have taken her to Marietta Market, baseball games for the grandkids, and other little outings.”
“Had to board for four days. I called to check on her and was given in detail how she did. Picked her up and she was not shaking (which she normally does when we are at vets). I will definitely use them again. Love this group. Very friendly and caring!”
“If you need a cat groomer, I recommend Marissa! She was patient with my baby Oliver and made him feel comfortable. And he looks great!!!!”
Frequently Asked Questions
As veterinarians we deal with a wide range of complicated issues in the course of our day-to-day work. If you don’t have all the answers, we might. We have some FAQ documents on a wide range of subjects for your pet. Whether you’re looking for answers to common questions or just curious, our FAQs could be the fastest route to the answers you need.