Is your dog left alone all day? Are you coming home to destructive behavior?
Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital offers a Day-Play program to provide your pet the exercise, mental stimulation, and socialization your pet needs, to be a well-rounded family member.
Benefits to Day Play
- Helps to reduce boredom, separation anxiety and destructive behavior at home.
- Provides regular exercise to help maintain a healthy weight
- Promotes a well-balanced quality of life, both physically and emotionally.
Your Pet is in Good Hands
- Our staff has completed and passed courses in both Dog Body Language and Group (two separate courses that include 16 classes with 16 respective tests), so they are all well trained to recognize anxiety before it becomes an issue.
- For your convenience, routine treatment can be administered while your pet is here for day play. We have a separate exam room in our day-play facility, so your pet can stay comfortably downstairs, keeping their day of fun stress free.
Can your Pet Participate in Day Play?
- A temperament test will be performed to determine your pet’s tolerance with other dogs; as not all dogs are a good fit for group play.
- Tests are scheduled as a full-day, drop-off appointment. If your pet passes their test, then they will participate in our Group-Play sessions that day to determine the group that best fits your pet’s play style and temperament.
Day Play vs. Dog Parks
- For those who visit dog parks on a regular basis, we urge you to be extremely cautious. Incidents of dog bites occurring at dog parks are becoming more frequent, given the increased numbers of dogs now being brought to parks.
- Introducing your pet to a group of dogs without knowledge of their backgrounds can be a risky situation at best.
- There’s no guarantee that other pet owners are going to be aware of the risks, nor mindful of their pet.
- Going to a dog park is a lot like letting your human kids play in a bouncy house or ball pit with strangers. They’re not necessarily clean and they pose a variety of health and safety hazards.
A Bit About Our Play Yards
- Our outdoor play areas have top-of-the-line artificial pet grass which features a ProFlow backing that allows instantaneous fluid transfer-flow with little to zero resistance.
- Our underground drainage system works in conjunction with the ProFlow backing to maintain clean, sanitary and odor-free play areas.
- Pressure-washing and daily sterilization are performed to keep our play areas more disease-free than typical grass or non-porous surfaces.
KMAH guarantees a clean play experience, whether indoors or outdoors.
Day-Play Program Requirements
1. Must pass a temperament test
2. Pets are spayed or neutered by six months of age.
3. Must be current on the following vaccines:
Distemper (DAPP, DHPP)
Canine Influenza both N2 & N8 strains
Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital Day Play vs. Dog Parks; A Cleaner, Safer Alternative!
“I cannot speak highly enough about every single person at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital. They truly embody their mission statement “Where we treat you like family and your pets as our own.”
“The attention and service provided to my two dogs by the vet technician (Ms. Wilder) and the Vet (Dr. McDonald) were impressive. They really put my two dogs first and made me feel they care about the health of my pets.”
“We just put our three-year-old through training at day camp at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital. Cheyenne and Will are great and Serena’s improved so much that we have taken her to Marietta Market, baseball games for the grandkids, and other little outings.”
“Had to board for four days. I called to check on her and was given in detail how she did. Picked her up and she was not shaking (which she normally does when we are at vets). I will definitely use them again. Love this group. Very friendly and caring!”
“If you need a cat groomer, I recommend Marissa! She was patient with my baby Oliver and made him feel comfortable. And he looks great!!!!”
Frequently Asked Questions
As veterinarians we deal with a wide range of complicated issues in the course of our day-to-day work. If you don’t have all the answers, we might. We have some FAQ documents on a wide range of subjects for your pet. Whether you’re looking for answers to common questions or just curious, our FAQs could be the fastest route to the answers you need.