Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital offers a Day-Play program to provide your pet the exercise, mental stimulation, and socialization your pet needs to be a well-rounded family member.
Benefits of Day Play
- Helps to reduce boredom, separation anxiety, and destructive behavior at home.
- Provides regular exercise to help maintain a healthy weight
- Promotes a well-balanced quality of life, both physically and emotionally.
Your Pet is in Good Hands
- Our staff has completed and passed courses in both Dog Body Language and Group (two separate courses that include 16 classes with 16 respective tests), so they are well-trained to recognize anxiety before it becomes an issue.
- For convenience, routine treatment can be administered while your pet is here for day play. We have a separate exam room in our day-play facility, so your pet can stay comfortably downstairs, keeping their day of fun stress-free.
Can your Pet Participate in Day Play?
- A temperament test will determine your pet’s tolerance with other dogs, as not all dogs are a good fit for group play.
- Tests are scheduled as a full-day drop-off appointment. If your pet passes their test, they will participate in our Group-Play sessions that day to determine the group that best fits your pet’s play style and temperament.
Day Play vs. Dog Parks
- For those who visit dog parks regularly, we urge you to be extremely cautious. Incidents of dog bites occurring at dog parks are becoming more frequent, given the increased numbers of dogs now being brought to parks.
- Introducing your pet to a group of dogs without knowledge of their backgrounds can be a risky situation at best.
- There’s no guarantee that other pet owners will be aware of the risks or mindful of their pets.
- Going to a dog park is like letting your human kids play in a bouncy house or ball pit with strangers. They’re not necessarily clean and pose various health and safety hazards.
A Bit About Our Play Yards
- Our outdoor play areas have top-of-the-line artificial pet grass, which features a ProFlow backing that allows instantaneous fluid transfer flow with little to zero resistance.
- Our underground drainage system works with the ProFlow backing to maintain clean, sanitary, and odor-free play areas.
- Pressure washing and daily sterilization keep our play areas more disease-free than typical grass or non-porous surfaces.
KMAH guarantees a clean play experience, whether indoors or outdoors.
Day-Play Program Requirements
- Must pass a temperament test
- Pets are spayed or neutered by six months of age.
- Must be current on the following vaccines:
Distemper (DAPP, DHPP)
Canine Influenza both N2 & N8 strains