Our Training Academy
We are located in Kennesaw, GA. Within Cobb County, with three different programs to choose from, we offer science-based, fear-free training for consistent results.
Puppies are in their critical development period, up to 16 weeks of age. Therefore, it is crucial they begin the Puppy Preschool program anytime from 8 – 13 weeks; the earlier, the better.
- Our preschool is a drop-off day program designed to give your puppy a strong foundation and help them grow into a confident, well-adjusted, and well-behaved adult dog.
- Confidence is built through slow, positive introductions to the most common scenarios, such as handling by a groomer, handling by veterinary personnel, the presence of other dogs, etc.
- Careful and controlled exposure to several sensory stimuli, such as sounds, textures, and objects. Enrichment through problem-solving exercises, such as games, puzzle toys, nose work, balance exercises, etc.
- Introduction to basic commands and life skills to encourage appropriate, manageable behavior.
- At 14 weeks, puppies will transition from our puppy room to spending time in the general resort area with adult dogs.
- If eligible, the puppies will be integrated into our Day Play program to develop their social skills.
- Support with crate training, housebreaking, and inappropriate nipping/biting is provided.
- For any dog over 16 weeks of age; ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- Our trainers work one-on-one with the dog daily to lay a solid foundation of behavioral skills. Designed to cater to the individual learning style of the dog.
- Learn to maintain focus amid distracting situations.
- Proper greeting with people (no jumping).
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay and Loose-Leash Walking Group play with other dogs (must pass temperament test).
- Upon completion of training, a private training session with the parent is scheduled to ensure continued progress after the program. Post-training support is provided to help with any questions that may arise.
- A great alternative or precursor to Basic Manners training on Thursday evenings.
- For dogs over 16 weeks of age, ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- Designed for the pet and pet parent to enhance their relationship through proper, consistent commands for consistent obedience.
- Effective Communication Techniques – Relationship Building Maintaining focus with your dog amid distracting situations.
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay and Loose-Leash Walking.
- Classes are one hour on Thursdays at 6:45 pm and run for four weeks.
GOOD DOG: Training Tips from the Pros
The Pet Academy at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital were pleased when their CPDT-KA® certified professional dog trainers, Will and Cheyenne, were featured in an informative article about dog training, day play, and boarding tips. Read the full article here in Cobb Life Magazine.
For the safety of all pets participating in the program, we require the following vaccines to be current and will need records before the first day of class.
Canine Influenza both strains (N2 & N8)