Science-based, fear-free training for consistent results.
Puppies are in their critical development period up to 16 weeks of age. Therefore, it is crucial they begin the Puppy Preschool program anytime from 8 – 13 weeks; the earlier the better.
- Our preschool is a drop-off, day program designed to give your puppy a strong foundation and help them grow into a confident, well adjusted, and well-behaved adult dog.
- Confidence is built through slow, positive introductions to the most common scenarios, such as, handling by a groomer, handling by veterinary personnel, the presence of other dogs, etc.
- Careful and controlled exposure to several different sensory stimuli, such as sounds, textures, and objects. Enrichment through problem solving exercises, such as, games, puzzle toys, nose work, balance exercises, etc.
- Introduction to basic commands and life skills to encourage appropriate, manageable behavior.
- At 14 weeks, puppies will transition from our puppy room to spending time in the general resort area with adult dogs.
- If eligible, the puppies will be integrated into our Day Play program to develop their social skills.
- Support with crate training, housebreaking and inappropriate nipping/biting, is provided.
- For any dog over 16 weeks of age; ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- As a drop-off program, trainers work one-on-one with the dog each day to lay a solid foundation of behavioral skills.
- Designed to cater to the individual learning style of the dog.
- Learn to maintain focus amid distracting situations.
- Proper greeting with people (no jumping).
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay, and Loose-Leash Walking Group play with other dogs (must pass temperament test).
- Upon completion of training, a private training session with the parent is scheduled to ensure continued progress from the program. Post-training support is provided to help with any questions that may arise.
- A great alternative or precursor to Basic Manners training on Thursday evenings.
- For dogs over 16 weeks of age; ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- Designed for the pet and pet parent to enhance their relationship through, proper, consistent commands for consistent obedience.
- Effective Communication Techniques – Relationship Building Maintaining focus with your dog amid distracting situations.
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay, and Loose-Leash Walking
- Classes are one hour on Thursdays at 6:45 pm and run for four weeks.
Enhance the relationship with your pet through consistent commands for consistent results.
For the safety of all pets participating in the program, we require the following vaccines to be current and will need records prior to the first day of class.
Canine Influenza both strains…N2 & N8
“I cannot speak highly enough about every single person at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital. They truly embody their mission statement “Where we treat you like family and your pets as our own.”
“The attention and service provided to my two dogs by the vet technician (Ms. Wilder) and the Vet (Dr. McDonald) were impressive. They really put my two dogs first and made me feel they care about the health of my pets.”
Frequently Asked Questions
As veterinarians we deal with a wide range of complicated issues in the course of our day-to-day work. If you don’t have all the answers, we might. We have some FAQ documents on a wide range of subjects for your pet. Whether you’re looking for answers to common questions or just curious, our FAQs could be the fastest route to the answers you need.