Dog Training in Kennesaw, GA
Our expert-led dog training is a crucial process that helps foster obedience and positive behaviors in dogs, enhancing the bond between pets and their owners. Consistent reinforcement of desired actions and clear communication ensures a well-behaved and happy canine companion.
Our Dog Training Academy
The Pet Academy at Kennesaw Mountain Animal Hospital is a dog training program that works to enhance the relationship between dog and owner through effective communication and ethical science-based training techniques.
Our dog training program is located in Kennesaw, GA. Within Cobb County, with three different programs to choose from, we offer science-based, fear-free training for consistent results.
Puppies are in their critical development period, up to 16 weeks of age. Therefore, it is crucial they begin the Puppy Preschool program anytime from 8 – 13 weeks; the earlier, the better.
- Our preschool is a drop-off day program designed to give your puppy a strong foundation and help them grow into a confident, well-adjusted, and well-behaved adult dog.
- Confidence is built through slow, positive introductions to the most common scenarios, such as handling by a groomer, handling by veterinary personnel, the presence of other dogs, etc.
- Careful and controlled exposure to several sensory stimuli, such as sounds, textures, and objects. Enrichment through problem-solving exercises, such as games, puzzle toys, nose work, balance exercises, etc.
- Introduction to basic commands and life skills to encourage appropriate, manageable behavior.
- At 14 weeks, puppies will transition from our puppy room to spending time in the general resort area with adult dogs.
- If eligible, the puppies will be integrated into our Day Play program to develop their social skills.
- Support with crate training, housebreaking, and inappropriate nipping/biting is provided.
- For any dog over 16 weeks of age; ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- Our trainers work one-on-one with the dog daily to lay a solid foundation of behavioral skills. Designed to cater to the individual learning style of the dog.
- Learn to maintain focus amid distracting situations.
- Proper greeting with people (no jumping).
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay and Loose-Leash Walking Group play with other dogs (must pass temperament test).
- Upon completion of training, a private training session with the parent is scheduled to ensure continued progress after the program. Post-training support is provided to help with any questions that may arise.
- A great alternative or precursor to Basic Manners training on Thursday evenings.
- For dogs over 16 weeks of age, ideal for Puppy Preschool graduates or newcomers of any age.
- Designed for the pet and pet parent to enhance their relationship through proper, consistent commands for consistent obedience.
- Effective Communication Techniques – Relationship Building Maintaining focus with your dog amid distracting situations.
- Learn to solidify basic cues: Watch Me-Leave It-Come-Sit-Down-Stay and Loose-Leash Walking.
- Classes are one hour on Thursdays at 6:45 pm and run for four weeks.